Thursday, May 13, 2010

New 'Eiloren' Baby Play Quilt "Space Race" Pattern Design, easy fused applique

I've just finished designing this new baby play quilt design, which means I'm up to the fun part – making it up! :)


I will be using various printed fabrics and hand dyes and trying out some new ideas ...like stuffing the sheep with crinkly foil and utilising textural fabrics to aid in tactile stimulation for babies and toddlers.

Like my hot air balloon pattern 'Hide and Seek' there will be quirky characters, animals and machinery etc cut from printed fabric and peeping out from behind bits and pieces – i'm pretty sure the treasure chest and pig fabrics I got at the AQC will make it in there somehow! The quilt will be personalised with the recipients name in the flag (like Hide and Seek is in the aeroplane sky writing) and have various pictures and words 'hidden' in the background quilting. I have some great lollipop fabric that I'm thinking will make great "flowers" for the foreground.

What do you think? Anything else you'd like to see on it?

The best thing about raw edge fusible applique is that putting it together is fast and easy.... so I'm hoping to have a quilt top to show you within a week or two.  - Neroli

Ps. If you'd like to pre-order this 1m x 1m pattern, or simply be notified when it's out please let me know by sending me an email (click here)

2 comments:

  1. I worked with Fiona at ACTTAA Bazaar last September and her creativity shone through in this area also.
    The photos of Fiona's work are excellent. It is of great interest to see many examples of her work in one place.
    For those of us who are not good with colour (but would like to be) Fiona's work provides inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Granny! Blog posts are hard to tell where to comment, i've just changed the colours of the google ads to try and differentiate more between posts as this one has come out on my new quilt design entry and not on Fiona's interview. I've copied it across to that one though.

    ReplyDelete